Missed out on the Renacci "Wake for Victims of Trumpcare" on Sunday? Well, you're in luck, because there are many other ways to participate in the resistance to this issue. Here are a few to get you started.
WE CARE! Rally for Healthcare
When: Monday, May 8th at 5:30
Where: Parking Lot at the Carnegie Building - 236 Third Street S.W Canton
Meet for a rally and "die-in" across the street from the Canton City Council Chambers. Afterwards, attendees will will attend the council meeting following the rally. We will encourage Canton City Council to pass a resolution supporting the Affordable Care Act which will be sent to Washington. A resolution is being drafted, and we expect many on council to be favorable to passing it. You do not need to be a Canton resident to attend.
Die in at Renacci's wadsworth office
When: Wednesday, May 10th, 12:00 - 2:00
Where: Renacci's Wadsworth Office, 1 Park Center Drive, Suite 302 , Wadsworth , OH 44281
RSVP: https://www.facebook.com/events/271416039995776/ or https://actionnetwork.org/events/die-in-at-renaccis-wadsworth-office
A repeat of Sunday's event, this time on a weekday when Renacci's staff will be in the office. Wear black and bring a sign, preferably one shaped like a gravestone
Distribute Flyers in Districts Where Reps Voted Yes
Where: Any district whose representative voted Yes
Organized by Action Together Ohio, the activity asks you to print and distribute flyers in any zone where the representative voted in favor of the AHCA. Here are the details copied from their Facebook group:
DISTRIBUTE FLYERS ABOUT YOUR REP WHO VOTED "YES" TOTRUMPCARE!
The following Ohio House Republicans voted in favor of Trumpcare:
OH-1 Steve Chabot
OH-2 Brad Wenstrup
OH-4 Jim Jordan
OH-5 Bob Latta
OH-6 Bill Johnson
OH-7 Bob Gibbs
OH-8 Warren Davidson
OH-12 Pat Tiberi
OH-15 Steve Stivers
OH-16 James B. Renacci
We're kicking off a state-wide flyer distribution initiative, and we need your help!
To get started, visit this link: https://drive.google.com/…/fol…/0ByGs4vz2iMgdN1ljR3ZhVndFUDg
This will give you access to flyers for each of the 10 representatives who voted yes. Print out the one relevant to your district, make copies, and distribute!
A few guidelines:
1. You have the right to stand in a public place - public parking lots, public sidewalks, public parks, municipal little league fields, community/rec centers, etc. - and hand out flyers without interference. If someone is rude to you and does not want to take a flyer, just ignore them.
2. You can also seek permission from the owner of a commercial property, such as a store or restaurant, to distribute flyers to patrons.
3. You can hang flyers on bulletin boards of local establishments with the owner’s permission.
4. If you like, distribute flyers with a buddy (it’s always fun to flyer with a friend!), or with your family (teaching democracy to the youngins!)
5. If you’re feeling especially bold, mail a flyer to the representative himself - yes, himself, because in Ohio, all of the House Republicans who voted for Trumpcare are men - or walk into his office and politely ask a staffer if they’d like a flyer.
6. Have fun!
Last but not least, feel free to pass along the Google Drive folder to people and groups you trust, and get them to participate in this flyer campaign!
Do you know of another event or activity? Share it in the comments!